Sunday, July 28, 2013

Liberation – an alien word.

Liberation is a sugary word that gives everyone some kind of delight. We have been hearing about it from our childhood. Most of us are aware of this word that we celebrate it on 15th August with a national holiday. We find happiness in it. We salute our national flag hoisting it and commemorate our national heroes. When the day ends, our joy slowly disappears and a kind of gloom sets in our minds. I have always thought the reason behind it but the answers I got from my friends were varied much. Some said, ‘It’s the reality. Accept it’. Others said, ‘It’s the pride and jealousy in your mind that hinders your happiness’. I then found that I’m guilty everywhere and they corrected me telling its the ‘true structure’ of the society. I brooded over all these remarks made by socially respected and accepted persons, but could not find the true reason behind my melancholic heart. Frantically I referred various sources to find a solution and found that the so called liberty we preach and proclaim is somehow taken away from us by some clever minded people. It appears before the majority as it is there but like many I too found it is an illusion. There is no one to question it or if at all any he is silenced by those great ones. I understand today that we all compete to hinder the freedom of others presenting various reasons. Do we really have the freedom that Gandhiji dreamed? I would say, ‘No’. How can it be? It has become a trend to persecute others nowadays for nothing or for some personel benefits. Sorry, If I hurt the feelings of the honest ones. I accept there is such a class but too little to do something. It is the need of many that slavery should exist this way. They use the weakness of human kind as a weapon for this, i.e, fear. I was never a man who had a sign on the heart. Still,there was a time I was beyond this feeling, but I couldn’t do anything noteworthy. Today I’m also under its influence and unable to listen to my heart. I find that there are many who write script for my life. Where is my being? Its being terminated as I grow older. I looked into me and found I’m dumb today. I have nothing left in me to become another Lincoln or Nelson Mandela. The hero in me was dead long back and long or sob for another freedom movement. Yes, it’s this hopelessness and pessimism that made me sad today. Now I hope someone might come up and fulfil my dreams. However, I’m afraid I won’t see that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment